Senior Software Developer
Date: Feb 9, 2014
Location: Warren, MI, USA
About the General Motors Global Purchasing, Supply Chain & Logistics IT team:
GM’s Global Purchasing, Supply Chain & Logistics IT team innovates and drives business value with systems that help GM deliver consistent messaging, transactions and services. The Global Purchasing, Supply Chain & Logistics IT team is responsible for developing and delivering solutions leveraging a wide array of systems architectures and technical platforms. Our industry leading developers, engineers, testers and architects work closely with internal teams and dealers to deliver the world’s best customer experience.
About the role:
An Global Purchasing, Supply Chain & Logistics Senior Software Developer is responsible and accountable for the quality and coding of software components that make up complex systems serving GM’s customers, manufacturing facilities, and dealers.
This Senior Software Developer role is a senior level developer position. This role requires a deep experience in software development, data structures and databases. Senior Software Developers will work independently and under the direction of senior IT architects, development leads and will lead teams while contributing to multi-layered solution architectures that comprehend and specify business, application, data and infrastructure designs.
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or related experience
- At least 10 years developing enterprise applications
- Expert knowledge of database modeling and data structure principles, techniques and best practices.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in software programming languages (C#, XAML, C++, Java) and at least one Java framework (ie. Spring)
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in building, debugging and maintaining mission critical enterprise applications.
- Ability to lead software development teams with both technical expert and metrics-based approaches
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a technical discipline
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in multiple software development disciplines (i.e. Agile, Scrum, SDLC)
- Experience with mobile devices and tablets (Windows Phone, Windows 8, iOS or Andriod)
- Enterprise level IT experience in a developer role.
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
Nearest Major Market: Warren
Nearest Secondary Market: Detroit
Job Segments: Developer, Engineer, Logistics, Automotive, ERP, Technology, Engineering, Operations