Business Analyst/ Supplier Collaboration Job
Date: Apr 22, 2013
Location: Warren, MI, US
The position is accountable for maintaining the relationship with the end user (i.e. Business Team/Customer) in the Supplier Collaboration business process space. The position will be responsible for eliciting user requirements and representing them to the Enterprise Solutions Delivery and Enterprise Sustain Services teams throughout the systems development cycle. Scope of engagement may include IT enablers such as supplier collaboration portals, supplier communications, supplier engagement in daily operations, core business processes and supplier development initiatives.
- Project execution role for Plan and Define as part of System Development process for projects
- Development of business process models, business requirements/user stories (functional and non-functional) and product backlog for the business processes for projects led
- Work with the business community to ensure comprehensive user acceptance testing/training plans are developed/ executed and application is successfully transitioned into production for projects led
- Investigate and learn business issues and data challenges of business
- Support IT Strategy Development
- Serves as the liaison between the business community and the Architecture teams, SDC and Sustain teams through which requirements flow for Projects led
- Assist Business with Problem and Incident Management
- Responsible for project business value/return on investment for projects led
- Responsible for maintaining integrity of ASMS (Application and Site Management System) application information.
- Assist Business with Problem and Incident Management
- Identifies business strengths and weaknesses and suggests areas of improvement.
The position will lead requirements elicitation and documentation for one or more projects (small to medium)
3000 Van Dyke Ave. Warren
- In-depth understanding of Business Analyst Fundamentals
- In-depth understanding of Writing and Managing Requirements documents
- In-depth understanding of Business Process Modeling
- Domain experience in supplier collaboration business processes, and information needs across the product lifecycle (sourcing, contracting, new product introduction, daily operations, supplier performance management, supplier suggestions).
- In-depth understanding of IT enablers such as supplier portals, B2B communications, transitional and web EDI, web based collaboration tools and applications.
- In-depth understanding of data requirements and application(s) used for supplier collaboration..
- Understanding of IT fundamentals and technologies pertinent to creating business solutions (software development and testing, architecture, applications, databases, integration, infrastructure, networks)
- Demonstrates critical skills such as collaboration, strong written and verbal communication skills and analytical capability. Increased acumen for planning, strong time management skills and ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
- Strong time management skills
- Increased Acumen for planning
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or equivalent experience required (Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology preferred)
3 - 5 years business process, systems and data experience in supplier collaboration. Familiarity with Automotive supplier portals, supplier communication tools and collaboration best practices would be a huge plus. Non-automotive or automotive experience is preferred in one or more of these areas of expertise:
• Information sharing for GM and supplier operating efficiency.
• Supplier engagement in strategic sourcing process, bidding/ RFQ process, , , change management
• IT enablers such as supplier portals, B2B communications, transitional and web EDI, web based collaboration tools and applications
• Content Management including basic HTML to build quick prototypes
• Supplier Surveys
Information Technology Careers in Global Purchasing and Supply Chain (GPSC)
GM operates one of the world's largest digital supply chains with a network of 182 plants, 650 logistics service providers and 3100 suppliers to build 9 million vehicles and deliver to over 15,000 dealers worldwide. IT integrates the enterprise to make this happen.
GPSC IT systems support central office functions (direct purchasing, indirect purchasing, commodity purchasing, advanced purchasing, program purchasing & launch readiness, supplier quality and performance management, global supply chain operations, inbound and outbound logistics, global container management); the global inbound material supply chain (from material release to parts at station) and the global vehicle supply chain (from order to delivery).
In addition, GPSC IT leads the effort in core enterprise processes such as integrated business planning, sales and operations management, global capacity management, total enterprise cost management, program target cost management, supplier risk management.
In summary, General Motors GPSC offers an ideal environment for high-potential information technology individuals to build a broad career experience in core enterprise business processes and systems and qualify for opportunities in strategy development, enterprise IT transformation, business process innovation, joint ventures and alliance integration and Information Technology leadership.
Primary Location: US-MI-Warren
Posting Date: May 29, 2012, 10:07:25 AM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology
Nearest Major Market: Warren
Nearest Secondary Market: Detroit
Job Segments: Business Analyst, Engineer, Developer, Automotive, Computer Science, Finance, Engineering, Technology