Senior Java Software Developer Job
Date: Mar 10, 2014
Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Senior Java Software Developer, Sales and Marketing Systems
About the General Motors Sales and Marketing IT team:
GM’s Sales and Marketing IT team innovates and drives business value with systems that help GM deliver consistent messaging, transactions and services. The Sales and Marketing IT team is responsible for developing and delivering solutions leveraging a wide array of systems architectures and technical platforms. Our industry leading developers, engineers, testers and architects work closely with internal teams and dealers to deliver the world’s best customer experience.
About the role:
A Sales and Marketing Software Developer is responsible and accountable for the quality and coding of software components that make up complex systems serving GM’s customers and dealers. This includes both hands-on development and testing of systems using Java language and frameworks.
This Software Developer role is a senior level developer position. This Software Developer role requires a deep experience in software development, data structures and databases. Software Developers will work independently and under the direction of more senior IT architects and lead teams while contributing to multi-layered solution architectures that comprehend and specify business, application, data and infrastructure designs.
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- Expert knowledge of database modeling and data structure principles, techniques and best practices.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in Java and at least one Java framework (ie. Spring)
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in building, debugging and maintaining mission critical enterprise applications.
- Ability to lead software development teams with both technical expert and metrics-based approaches.
- A master’s degree in a technical discipline
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in multiple software development disciplines (i.e. Agile)
- Experience with mobile devices and tablets (Android and iOS)
- Enterprise level IT experience in a developer role.
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
Primary Location: US-AZ-Phoenix
US-GA-Atlanta, US-MI-Warren, US-TX-Austin
Posting Date: Jul 26, 2013, 8:38:26 AM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology
Nearest Major Market: Phoenix
Job Segments: Developer, Java, Engineer, Automotive, ERP, Technology, Engineering