Warehouse Supervisor Job
Date: Sep 12, 2014
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Position Title: Supervisor – PDC / Warehousing
General Motors is reinventing itself as a company. We are driving forward, accelerating change, and opening the door to new thinking and advanced technology. Our vision is to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. General Motors of Canada strives for an open, interactive, and dynamic work environment that promotes a rapid exchange of ideas and information. Our employees represent a true cross-section of cultures, demographics, and lifestyles, which help General Motors to succeed worldwide. General Motors of Canada is continually looking for qualified candidates who have the ideas and ambition to drive GM forward as a faster moving, more agile, highly innovative manufacturer, and marketer of automotive components and vehicles.
Interested in joining a company that is driving the future of the automotive industry? The career you have been looking for may be waiting for you at General Motors of Canada.
First-line supervisor of a small sized group of hourly employees in a parts distribution centre/materials warehouse. Responsible for prompt shipment and/or receipt of parts by efficient utilization of labour and equipment. Work within the warehouse consists of a number of involved clerical and manual operations with decisions made within the limits of general practices and procedures. Volume of work serves as a check on productivity.
- Maintains safety and good housekeeping practices
- Maintains prompt shipment and/or receipt of parts
- Maintains records to track and improve departmental performance
- Trains, develops and evaluates employee
- Keeps abreast of parts distribution centre performance reports and costs
- Understands and consistently administers the terms of local and national labour policies
- Maintain awareness of quality standards, communicate department quality goals and leverage resources to solve quality issues
- Motivate, train and develop employees to effectively perform their jobs utilizing standardized methods
- Responsible for meeting production schedules, product quality requirements and personnel allocation
- Participates in forward planning activities, maintains departmental BPD boards, conducts weekly safety observation tours
Required Skills and Experience
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees and elicit work output
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of corporate and plant policies, ergonomics, health and safety, employee relations and GM labour polices
- Proficiency in team building and demonstrated ability to manage in a GMS plant
- Demonstrated ability to effectively organize and plan
- Demonstrated high level analytical ability to assess and identify appropriate alternative courses of action for definition and resolution of issues that are unique and diverse; ability to exercise independent judgment is required
- Must be able to work shifts
Preferred Skills and Experience
Previous supervisory experience.
Knowledge of GMS principles.
Proficiency with working with spreadsheets (Excel) and databases (Access)
Familiarity with employment legislation
Education and Training:Bachelors degree and/or equivalent work experience
What Makes Us Attractive:
When you join one of the largest organizations in the world, you can expect a rewarding experience and benefits on a similar scale. This includes:
· Everything you need to develop your skills and realize your career goals.
· An environment which encourages a balance between work and personal life.
· A culture where collaboration and team work is fostered.
· A competitive total compensation package.
· A comprehensive benefit and retirement savings program to protect you and your family.
· The resources and support you need for your health and well-being.
If you possess the necessary qualifications, click on the link below to apply online via the General Motors of Canada Career Centre.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please note only applications submitted online through our Career Centre will be accepted. Pre-employment screening will be required.
General Motors of Canada values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Job: Sales, Service & Marketing
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Posting Date: Jul 16, 2014, 9:35:05 AM Ongoing
Job Segments: Manager, Housekeeping, Clerical, Warehouse, Automotive, Management, Healthcare, Administrative, Manufacturing