Senior Big Data Integration Developer Job
Date: May 23, 2013
Location: Austin, TX, US
About the General Motors Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) team:
GM has recently announced numerous steps to strengthen its position as a global automotive leader. GM is constructing an Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) as one of the cornerstones to achieve this objective. As a member of the EDW team you will play a significant role in helping GM implement one of the largest data warehouses in the world. GM is seeking dynamic individuals who will leverage their industry knowledge and experiences to design, architect, deploy, and manage this data warehouse.
About the role:
The Senior Big Data Integration Developer position is a highly technical position with responsibility to lead the creation and use of all data deliverables for specific projects such as migration of an existing independent data mart into the EDW and new business requirements to be implemented using the EDW. Project data deliverables include data requirements, data flow diagrams, data sourcing plans, data privacy/security architecture, database architecture, data integration specifications, integration architecture design and implementation, etc.
The role will work with business and IT groups to design a data integration workflow design (ETL) that provides for the loading of data, data integration, quality management, aggregation and distribution to various platforms using advanced technologies.
A key responsibility for the role will be to work with other EDW roles such as Business Analysts, Data Architects, Data Modelers, Enterprise Architects, Platform Architects, Operations and Support, DBAs, etc.
The Developer must be capable of working in a collaborative environment to support rapid development and delivery of results and capabilities (i.e. AGILE SDLC).
The Developer must be capable of taking responsibility for complete E2E development and testing of all their assigned tasks. Ensure proper integration, documentation and communication of all development. Work closely with Operations and Support to ensure 7x24 operations of the EDW.
- 4 Year IT College Degree/Masters preferred or equivalent work experience
- 5-10 years in large scale data warehouse and data integration implementations
- Full lifecycle application development using standard frameworks and coding standards/patterns
- Coding, unit testing and debugging applications in various software languages
- Software testing and quality assurance
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Support, maintain and document software functionality
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Maintain standards compliance
- Implement localization or globalization of software
- Proactively engage in the remediation of software issues related to code quality, security, and/or pattern/frameworks. Provides guidance and coaching to associate software developers.
- Automates testing processes by developing scripts as part of coding.
- Develops technical specifications for COTS software and configures various products based on specifications. Interacts with COTS supplier technical teams to identify configuration requirements
- Ensure development artifacts are in alignment with patterns/ frameworks designed by software engineering teams
- Conducts adhoc and manual code reviews. Provides guidance to software developers for continuous improvement.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders including architects, software engineering, and project managers to report out development progress and escalates issues requiring attention
- Experience working with data tools and technologies - data modeling, ETL tools, meta data management tools, master data management tools, database technologies and design
- Lead resolution of end to end data issues, data design issues and end to end data test issues for a specific project
- Demonstrable experience using Data Integration platforms, tools and techniques
- Demonstrable experience with SOA architectures and technologies
- Experience using Oracle GoldenGate, IBM DataMirror, heterogeneous data replication techniques
- Experience with industry leading large scale database platforms (i.e. Hadoop, Teradata, IBM DB2, IBM BigInsights, HP Neoview, HP Vertica, HP Autonomy, Greenplum, Oracle ExaData, SAS)
- Experience with open source technologies (i.e. Hadoop, Pig, Hive, JAQL, HCatalog, JSON)
- Optimization of database queries for a specific project
- Interaction with end user query developers to design and improve database queries for a specific project
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value. The Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) is at the center of this IT transformation.
Join our team and experience data warehousing at a scale and pace not seen before!
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin
Posting Date: Sep 7, 2012, 12:23:44 PM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Job Segments: Data Analyst, Database, Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse, Developer, Data, Technology