SAP Senior Analyst Job
Date: May 17, 2013
Location: Detroit, MI, US
GM offers a career in SAP which will expand your knowledge and provide opportunities to lead development and delivery for one of the world’s largest SAP implementations. This is a chance to develop your skills and expand your capabilities across a number of SAP modules across a global organization. This is a challenge which will enable you to grow as a top SAP delivery professional.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with leading technologies from SAP and the latest integration and support packages
- Solution delivery for global process teams including Supply Chain, Logistics, Finance, Aftersales and Warehouse Management
- Ability to work on large scale global implementations as well as smaller, faster innovative challenges
- On-going training and development in SAP and the latest delivery techniques
- Opportunity to lead a team to complete the functional design, configuration, and validation of the SAP solution for appropriate modules. GM is implementing FI, CO, FA, PS, SD, AR, AP, eSourcing, SRM, CRM, SPP, and EWM – a chance to work on a variety of solutions.
- Leadership opportunity to be a team leader responsible for the management of a configuration team, alignment of priority, and mentoring of resources
- Support management of third party resources for configuration services including identifying the resource need, identifying a sourcing provider, and managing the effort
- Lead project management activities including schedule development, issues and risk management, critical path assessment, and resource modeling
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology or related field
- Extensive experience in SAP project life cycle deployments and/or sustain operations
- At least 3 years of experience in configuration activities associated with an SAP system in one or many of the key modules
- Ability to coordinate resources and priorities across multiple projects and groups
- Ability to motivate teams to achieve tight schedules and resolve issues quickly
- Experience in working with outsourced service providers
- Project management experience
- 5 years of experience in SAP configuration experience including responsibilities for multiple system landscapes
- Functional Lead role in at least 1 large scale SAP system deployment projects
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
Primary Location: US-MI-Detroit
Posting Date: Jan 9, 2013, 8:53:17 AM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology
Nearest Major Market: Detroit
Job Segments: Engineer, SAP, Risk Management, ERP, Warehouse, Engineering, Technology, Finance, Manufacturing