.NET Software Developer Job
Date: Apr 26, 2013
Location: Austin, TX, US
. NET Software Developer, Sales and Marketing Systems
About the General Motors Sales and Marketing IT team:
GM’s Sales and Marketing IT team innovates and drives business value with systems that help GM deliver consistent messaging, transactions and services. The Sales and Marketing IT team is responsible for developing and delivering solutions leveraging a wide array of systems architectures and technical platforms. Our industry leading developers, engineers, testers and architects work closely with internal teams and dealers to deliver the world’s best customer experience.
About the role:
A Sales and Marketing Software Developer is responsible and accountable for the quality and coding of software components that make up complex systems serving GM’s customers and dealers. This includes both hands-on development and testing of systems using .NET, XAML and C++.
This Software Developer role is a mid-level developer position. This Software Developer role requires a strong foundation in software development, data structures and databases. Software Developers will work independently and under the direction of more senior IT developers and architects while contributing to multi-layered solution architectures that comprehend and specify business, application, data and infrastructure designs.
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience/training
- Strong knowledge of database modeling and data structure principles, techniques and best practices.
- Demonstrated experience in at least two Microsoft software languages (C#, XAML, C++)
- Demonstrated ability to write, edit, and debug software to achieve desired output.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- A master’s degree in a technical discipline
- Demonstrated experience in multiple software development disciplines (i.e. Agile)
- Experience with mobile devices and tablets (Windows Phone and Windows 8)
- Enterprise level IT experience in a developer role.
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin
Posting Date: Apr 12, 2013, 2:51:28 PM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Job Segments: Developer, .NET, Engineer, Automotive, Database, Technology, Engineering