WebSphere Architect, Sales and Marketing Systems Job
Date: Apr 10, 2014
Location: Austin, TX, US
WebSphere Architect, Sales and Marketing Systems
About the General Motors Sales and Marketing IT team:
GM’s Sales and Marketing IT team innovates and drives business value with systems that help GM deliver consistent messaging, transactions and services. The Sales and Marketing IT team is responsible for developing and delivering solutions leveraging a wide array of systems architectures and technical platforms. Our industry leading developers, engineers, testers and architects work closely with internal teams and dealers to deliver the world’s best customer experience.
About the role:
A Sales and Marketing WebSphere Architect is responsible and accountable for the quality and coding of software components that make up complex systems serving GM’s customers and dealers alongside the design of the system. This includes both hands-on development and testing of systems using Java, messaging queues, web services, SAP, WebSphere integration components, WebSphere Commerce platform, and other frameworks
This WebSphere Architect role requires a deep experience in WebSphere and WebSphere Commerce software development, a wide range of mid-tier and back end systems, database knowledge, application design, integration, and large scale global enterprise development. WebSphere Architects will work with other senior IT architects and lead teams while contributing to multi-layered solution architectures that comprehend and specify business, application, data and infrastructure designs.
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience/training
- A minimum of 10 years of demonstrated software development experience
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in one IDE (ie. Eclipse)
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in architecture, design, development, testing, implementation and documentation of an enterprise-level application
- Expert knowledge of WebSphere, WebSphere components, techniques and best practices.
- Experience in design and architecting with multiple WebSphere products including WebSphere Commerce, WebSphere ESB, WebSphere Message Broker and WebSphere Portal
- Experience in one ERP system (ie. SAP)
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in integrating complex systems
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in one programming language and framework (ie. Spring)
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in an enterprise-class RDBMS and SQL
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in leading teams
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in one enterprise level application
- Demonstrated expert knowledge application design
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in building, debugging and maintaining mission critical enterprise applications.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in MVC framework pattern and other Design Patterns
- Experience in a wide range of development activities encompassing requirements analysis, design specification, translating business requirements, requirements-driven test cases, and enterprise-level software deployment and installation.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with a global teams
- Demonstrated experience in multiple enterprise-level application design and implementation.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in multiple software development disciplines (i.e. Agile)
- Demonstrated expert knowledge in multiple software languages
- Experience with multiple WebSphere and WebSphere Commerce products
- Experience in integrating with SAP systems
- Experience with Oracle Databases and DB2
- Experience with application development for WebSphere Commerce version 7.0 and above
- Experience in Global WebSphere application design
- Experience in leading large teams in Global work environment
- Enterprise level IT experience in a developer role.
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Job Segments: Architecture, Marketing, Sales, ERP, Engineer, Engineering, Technology