Date: Jul 4, 2014
Location: Austin, TX, USA
About the GM Global Purchasing and Supply Chain IT team:
The Global Purchasing and Supply Chain (GPSC) IT team provides the technology innovation behind one of the world’s largest digital supply chains, with a network of 182 plants, 650 logistics service providers and 3,100 suppliers to build 9 million vehicles and deliver to over 15,000 dealers worldwide. IT integrates the enterprise to make this happen. Our industry-leading team of IT analysts, developers, engineers, and architects develop, test, and deploy the technology that drives GM.
About the Role:
The Report Analyst/Developer is responsible for engaging end users and business analysts in understanding business requirements, creating prototype templates, doing data gap analysis, modeling and implementing supporting data structures, designing and developing needed dashboards, reports, frameworks, models and other informational capabilities required to support the reporting/analytics needs of the global purchasing and supply chain team. The Reporting developer will work jointly with the ETL and the Application teams to analyze, identify, design and implement processes for sourcing data from various internal as well as external sources leveraging Operational Data Store and Data Mart concepts to facilitate timely, reliable and secure delivery of Data driven reports and analytics to our Supply Chain customers and partners.
This role typically works under the guidance and direction of a Development Lead, and in turn, may provide guidance and direction to other Developers. The Reporting Analyst/Developer will work closely with other IT stakeholders including the Architecture team, Vertical Application teams and the Infrastructure Team (Server, Database, Storage, Network, Security) to help deliver quality and timely BI solutions to the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, information technology, math, sciences or technical discipline
- At least 3-5 years of experience in Relational or Data Mart / Data Hub design (logical and physical) for applications using Oracle
- Minimum 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in designing and developing reports on the Cognos platform as part of an enterprise solution. Experience writing reports using other tools such as Tableau, WebFocus, Microstrategy, SAS is a plus
- Hands-on advanced experience with all the Cognos BI Studios including Framework Manager, Report Studio, Analysts Studio, Business Insight Advanced, and Administration.
- Ability to independently develop Framework Manager Models and advanced Report Studio and/or Analysts Studio reports is required.
- Past proven experience engaging business users to ensure that appropriate business needs are clearly defined, communicated and delivered at or above expectations
- Experience with Cognos SDK and Web Services techniques
- Experience in Unix Shell Scripting
- Deep knowledge of data structures, data base design, data warehouses, business intelligence/analytic tools, SQL, ETL tools, and data integration methods
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required, with proven ability to communicate and build relationships cross-functionally.
- Good understanding of the technical architecture and functionality of Data Warehouse, Data Marts, Operational Data Stores and related integration tools, design and modeling concepts
- Experience Training and supporting Cognos end users (information consumers and power users) on basic navigation in Cognos Connection, Business Insight Advanced, and report/package usage
- Familiarity with “big data” and analytics
- Experience in configuration management and deployment of developed code.
- Experience working with DBA’s in implementing efficient databases, including specifying physical characteristics, gathering statistics, creating profiles, designing efficient indexes
- Ability to analyze data access and modification requirements to ensure efficient SQL, PL/SQL and optimal database design
- Leading reviews with enterprise architects and other staff to ensure compliance with Enterprise Architectural standards and best practices.
- Minimum 3-5 years hands-on experience with requirements gathering, design documentation, test case development, system & integration testing, custom off the shelf (COTS)/business intelligence (BI) implementations and systems integration
- Ability to troubleshoot execution challenges in complex projects (application, infrastructure, code quality, data and performance) and enable focused corrective actions to make projects successful
- 3-5 years of experience in design and development of integration/ETL components using IBM Data Stage, Oracle PL/SQL procedures and functions
- 3- 5 years of IT experience in the OEM Automotive industry working on Supply Chain Data Integration, Reporting, DW and BI solutions
- Deep domain expertise of at least one of the core supply chain functions: Purchasing, Logistics, Material Planning, Capacity Management, Forecasting & Demand Management or Order Fulfillment
- Experience in Commercial Supply Chain Solutions including i2/JDA, Oracle Supply and Demand Solutions, SAP APO, etc.
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Job Segments: Oracle, Engineer, Database, Warehouse, Developer, Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing