Senior Software Test Lead Job
Date: Aug 2, 2014
Location: Austin, TX, US
Senior Software Test Lead, Sales and Marketing Systems
About the General Motors Sales and Marketing IT team:
GM’s Sales and Marketing IT team innovates and drives business value with systems that help GM deliver consistent messaging, transactions and services. The Sales and Marketing IT team is responsible for developing and delivering solutions leveraging a wide array of systems architectures and technical platforms. Our industry leading developers, engineers, testers and architects work closely with internal teams and dealers to deliver the world’s best customer and dealer experience.
About the role:
A Sales and Marketing Software Test Lead drives test planning, execution and quality reporting of software applications through project engagements and sustaining software test activities. The Lead organizes and executes test activities, in addition to driving the activities of others, to ensure applications meet GM IT standards for quality, security, performance and architecture requirements.
This Senior Software Test Lead role is a senior level position. This Team Lead role requires a deep experience in software test strategy, creation of test process artifact templates, test metric definition and industry standard report definition. Test Leads work closely with architects, developers and project managers to lead teams through task management and by example in all phases of the project life cycle.
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience/training
- Expert knowledge of multiple software development methodologies
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of Software Test Strategy, test case management and complex Software Quality reporting.
- Extensive software automation leadership with documented return on investment
- Proven ability to drive large teams through all aspects of software quality (Functional, Non-Functional)
- A master’s degree in a technical discipline
- Extensive technical skills through demonstrated roles in performance engineering, test automation and software development
- Experience with test strategy and execution of Web, Mobile and Desktop systems
- Enterprise level IT experience in a lead role.
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin
Posting Date: Aug 6, 2013, 10:25:18 AM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Job Segments: Developer, Engineer, System Administrator, Automotive, Testing, Technology, Engineering