Senior Software Developer - Data Integration Job
Date: Apr 2, 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Senior Software Developer – Data Integration
About the General Motors Sales and Marketing IT team:
GM’s Sales and Marketing IT team innovates and drives business value with systems that help GM deliver consistent messaging, transactions and services. The Sales and Marketing IT team is responsible for developing and delivering solutions leveraging a wide array of systems architectures and technical platforms. Our industry leading developers, engineers, testers and architects work closely with internal teams and dealers to deliver the world’s best customer experience.
About the Data Integration Software Developer role:
The Senior Data Integration Software Developer solves technical problems and writes the actual code to build and support GM’s Enterprise Integration needs. The Senior Software Developer will lead a team of experienced developers and interface with other project developers and architects on a global basis and ensures that designs and quality are meeting GM requirements. This role is responsible for designing and creating code in an Agile fashion. The Software Developer understands ETL, EAI and SOA technology. This person will take the project from the initiation phase and see it through deployment. The Data Integration Software Developer understands the value of the data integration process and the importance of building solutions that matter. Creativity, drive, and initiative are imperative to the success of the Data Integration Software Developer at GM.
- At least 7 years in Software Development and data integration
- At least 3 years’ experience with data integration solutions using IBM Sterling Commerce, IBM DataStage, or SeeBeyond SRE / ICANN / JCAPS technologies
- Knowledge of installation, configuration and integration process using Sterling Commerce products
- Masterful at XML, web services and relational databases (Oracle)
- Experience in installation and configuration of B2B messaging software
- Experience and deep understanding of ETL, EAI and B2B Messaging technology
- Understand various development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, waterfall, etc.)
- Experience in Unix/Linux scripting
- Understand SOX compliance
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in IT industry
- At least 3 years’ experience with data integration solutions using either IBM Sterling Commerce, IBM DataStage, IBM WebSphere, or SeeBeyond technologies
- Ability to convert business requirements into technical specifications and designs as well as estimate the amount of effort necessary to complete the tasks
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of US corporate business.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta
Posting Date: Feb 3, 2014, 2:52:55 PM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segments: Database, Developer, Data Analyst, Engineer, Oracle, Technology, Data, Engineering