Senior Java Developer Job
Date: May 17, 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA, US
About the General Motors Application Development team:
GM is enabling the IT transformation by driving latest technology trends into software development and testing geared towards meeting and exceeding the goals of our customers. The GM IT team is focused on creating an exciting environment that not only motivates, but challenges technically adept professionals. GM’s Application Development team is responsible for developing, configuring and delivering exciting IT solutions across GM’s core business areas using various methodologies and COTS software tools. Strategies for consolidating software tools and minimizing customizations to enable structural cost efficiencies are a primary focus. We’re building on our momentum and we’re changing the way we do things. We’re shifting our focus from running the business to advancing innovation.
About the role:
The Senior Java Developer writes the code to build and support GM’s systems, applications, and platforms. This role is the cornerstone of the team and is responsible designing and creating code in an Agile fashion. The Senior Java Developer understands complex business logic and builds code for multi-lingual, multi-national applications. This role will interface with other project developers and architects on a global basis and ensures that designs and quality are meeting GM requirements. Each Senior Java Developer will take the project from the initiation phase and see it through deployment. The Senior Java Developer understands the value of an elegant software design and the importance of building solutions that matter. Creativity, drive, and initiative are imperative to the success of the Senior Java Developer at GM.
- 7+ years' experience with developing Java/J2EE solutions
- Bachelor's degree in IT related discipline or equivalent experience
- EJB, Servlets, JSP, JDBC, Java Persistence API, and JNDI
- Client side java such as Applets, SWING, SWT, Adobe Flex
- Relational databases such as Oracle, MS SQL, IBM DB2, MySQL, or PostgresSQL
- Ability to utilize the Eclipse framework for application development, including editing/compiling code, unit testing with j-unit, and source code management with subversion. Ability to develop extend Eclipse through open source plug-ins and or custom created plug-ins
- Java frameworks such as Spring Framework, JMS, JCA connectors, JDBC, LifeRay, Oracle Portal, IBM WebSphere MQ, IBM WebSphere Portal, or IBM Workplace
- Experience building SOAP and/or REST based web services
- Master’s degree in IT related discipline or equivalent experience
- RIA tools such as JQuery, ExtJS, JavaFX, Google Web Toolkit (GWT), Adobe Flex/AIR, and AJAX.
- Java based application servers such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss Geronimo, IBM WebSphere, Oracle AS
- A good understanding and practical use of UDDI and WS-Security. Some knowledge in other Web Services technologies such as JAX-RS, JAX-WS, or XML RPC
- Java Database Frameworks such as Hibernate, iBatis
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta
Posting Date: Mar 18, 2013, 10:06:40 AM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segments: Developer, Java, Engineer, Database, Oracle, Technology, Engineering