IT Developer/Operations Support Analyst Job
Date: Aug 18, 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA, US
About the General Motors Sales and Marketing IT team:
GM’s Sales and Marketing IT team innovates and drives business value with systems that help GM deliver consistent messaging, transactions, online platforms and services. The Sales and Marketing IT team is responsible for developing and delivering solutions leveraging a wide array of systems architectures and technical platforms. Our industry leading developers, engineers, testers and architects work closely with internal business teams and dealers to deliver the world’s best customer experience.
About the role:
The DevOps Developer will be key technology contributor in our Innovation Center working in a level 3 operations capacity. The DevOps role requires a strong foundation in ITIL Operations Management and Software Development across multiple technology stacks.
The successful candidate will be responsible for complex upper level break/fix issues, minor enhancements, Tier 3 support maintaining software code by modifying functionality, changing system interfaces, complying with standards, fixing errors, and tracking production incidents in the HP Service Manager system. The potential candidate must have the ability to diagnose and resolve complex issues, identify issue trends and strategies to mitigate production issues, provide implementation support, and support efforts in the analysis and development of technical tools and utilities to assist the user community.
- Competency in Industry Standard (i.e. ITIL) elements, Service Management and System Management tools and vendors such as Oracle, HP, and IBM
- Bachelors of Science degree, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or Engineering with an Information Technology focus or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience with Development Operations or similar responsibilities
- 3+ years of experience with various scripting and programming languages such as Perl, Python, Shell Scripting, Jython, windows scripting, JSON, Java, or Jacl
- Problem Solving, Quality Focus, Process Improvement, Client Relationships, Reporting Skills, and Technical Zeal
- Excellent inter-personal, oral and written communication / presentation skills
- Experience with Weblogic, Java, IIS, Websphere, Eclipse, Iplanet, SOA technologies, Documentum, Siebel, and BI Technology Tools
- Demonstrated experience in multiple software development disciplines (i.e. Agile)
- Certified in ITIL Foundation Level
- Have sufficient range of knowledge and experience to be acknowledged as a subject matter expert (SME) for applications across technology stacks
- Experience working with 3rd party technology vendors
- Experience working in highly collaborative teams in matrix organizations
- High-level understanding of software systems design and technical concepts
- Experience in administering source control system comparable to Subversion
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in navigating database systems and executing SQL scripts
- Experience with basic Unix/Linux & Windows administration
- Open-minded and passionate about learning new technologies
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 10” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin
Posting Date: May 8, 2014, 3:27:59 PM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology
Nearest Major Market: Alpharetta
Nearest Secondary Market: Atlanta
Job Segments: Operations Manager, Operations, Help Desk, Information Technology, Developer, Technology