Hyperion Developer Job
Date: Mar 6, 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA, US
About the General Motors Hyperion Factory team:
The Hyperion Factory team is focused on the innovation of new applications for the General Motors Finance community. The Hyperion Factory is responsible for developing and enhancing financial applications in Hyperion Planning and Essbase. Our team of developers will partner with the finance community to transform the processes and systems with industry leading solutions.
About the role:
They Hyperion Developer will be a member of an agile team that designs, builds, and deploys new Global financial applications at General Motors. This role will translate user requirements into technical specifications; design and develop Hyperion system components including Planning, Essbase, Business Rules, Calculation Scripts, MAXL scripts, and Financial Data Management (FDM) data streams. The Hyperion Developer will be responsible for development activities that include updates to existing applications and/or developing new programs and models to address a particular business need.
- 2 plus years of development experience with Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Essbase and Hyperion FDM applications
- Familiar with the Hyperion Product Suite, including Essbase Administration Services (EAS), Shared Services, Workspace, Financial Reporting, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) , Hyperion Data Relationship Manager (DRM), and Smart View
- Experience with batch scripting and automation using MaxL, Visual Basic, and/or other scripting languages
- Experience with security for Planning/Essbase users, groups, and dimensions and administer access
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and debugging skills
- Bachelor's degree in an IT related discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience with Agile, scrum, iterative, or waterfall development and project methodologies
- Experience and familiarity with IT best practices (e.g., CMMI, ISO9000, ITIL, COBIT)
- Understanding of financial business processes, such as Financial Planning and Analysis, Accounting, etc.
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta
Posting Date: Sep 27, 2013, 2:31:05 PM - Ongoing
Job: Information Technology
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segments: ERP, Database, Engineer, Automotive, Oracle, Technology, Engineering