Enterprise Data Integration Middleware Specialists
Date: Oct 9, 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
About the General Motors IT Enterprise Data Integration Sustain Services Team :
GM IT is responsible for the IT development and sustain of all business systems within GM and is focused on creating an exciting environment that not only motivates, but challenges technically adept professionals.
This data integration team provides services and functions as a data hub for all process areas across GM globally. It promotes agility, efficiency and facilitates reuse of information, thereby reducing the total cost of ownership.
Candidates will find positions within this team very rewarding by tackling legacy system replacement, deployment of new technologies and business intelligence solutions that improves the operational efficiencies of the business. Candidates must be up for a challenge and be prepared to work collaboratively across the organization to design, build and sustain systems that enable GM to continue as the leader in the automotive business.
About the role:
Enterprise Data Integration team is seeking a Middleware Support Specialist. This role specifically addresses Middleware Support for applications and services in a 7X24 production environment by providing deployment and support for Middleware components such as MQ Server, IBM Sterling Commerce, Oracle SOA Suite and may require work after hours including weekends
These resources will provide steady state operational support for Enterprise Data Integration services and applications including:
- Production Support
- Issue resolution
- On-call Support
- Software and application Upgrades
Essential Job Functions
• Ensure stability of data management and transfers through systems, for maintaining the integrity of the data residing on systems, facilitating and performing validations, and error resolution and decision making to complete or support business processing requirements.
- Monitors and tunes appropriate systems to ensure optimum level of performance.
- Partners with problem management areas to resolve technical issues including determining initial root cause analysis,
- Collects and reviews system data for capacity and planning purposes. Analyzes capacity data and develops capacity plans for appropriate level enterprise-wide systems.
- Supports the design and configuration of complex system landscapes.
- Supports complex data/media recoverability through system backups and database archive operations. Plans, coordinates and directs appropriate level data refresh strategies.
- Applies appropriate support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
- Develops and maintains appropriate system documentation to ensure that documentation is current.
- Interacts with client management to answer questions, problems and requests regarding complex system issues.
- 1-4 years in Application Support for Middleware or comparable systems.
- WebLogic and Oracle Service Bus installation, configuration and administration.
- High level understanding of hardware and application platform architecture HP/IBM/SUN Unix/Linux.
- Strong scripting, design, and automation skills.
- Display strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to meet objectives with little or no direct supervision.
- Performance tuning for Middleware applications.
- Programming Languages: SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, HTML, PERL, PHP, .NET
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/IT related studies or equivalent experience required.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segments: Database, Middleware, Engineer, Oracle, Developer, Technology, Engineering