Date: Aug 3, 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA
About the General Motors Application Development team:
GM is enabling the IT transformation by driving latest technology trends into software development and testing geared towards meeting and exceeding the goals of our customers. The GM IT team is focused on creating an exciting environment that not only motivates, but challenges technically adept professionals. GM’s Application Development team is responsible for developing, configuring and delivering exciting IT solutions across GM’s core business areas using various technologies, methodologies and COTS (Commercial Off the Shelf) software tools. Strategies for application modernization, whilst delivering business value to the end-user, are a primary focus. We’re building on our momentum and we’re changing the way we do things. We’re shifting our focus from running the business to advancing innovation. In short, we’re currently seeking the next generation of game-changers to help us usher in a new age of automotive IT innovation.
About the role:
The ETL Expert is responsible for providing application solutions to transform data in all forms and purposes using sound, repeatable industry best practices and in accordance with GM’s software development project methodology. Development activities will include updating existing ETL scripts and/or developing new programs as it is defined by the Data Modeler. The ETL expert will be responsible for writing, executing and evaluating test cases under general guidance of the test lead. This person will assist the Data Modeler in enforcing the rules of proper data life cycle management as well as investigating data quality issues. A good understanding of Data Warehouse concepts is assumed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline preferred or equivalent experience required.
- 2-3 years of experience in a EDW environment.
- Practical knowledge of an ETL tool (e.g. Datastage)
- Demonstrated ability to follow system development life cycle best practices, including: requirements gathering, development standards, quality control, release management, testing, documentation.
- Experience in testing tools and testing documentation repositories
- Knowledge or ability to learn scripting languages (Perl, Bash, Linux)
- Knowledge of Linux and VMWare is an advantage.
- Preferred experience with Agile, Scrum, iterative, or waterfall development and project methodologies
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, and Business Value.
Join our team and experience Information Technology at a scale and pace not seen before!
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Job Segments: Automotive, SAP, QC, Engineer, Testing, Technology, Quality, Engineering