Data Center Infrastructure Wave Manager
Date: Jul 11, 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA, US
General Purpose of Position
The position manages the infrastructure tasks of a deployment wave of 15-20 applications that will migrate between data centers and may undergo transformation during the migration process. The role has accountability of the wave during all phases of the migration process. The infrastructure manager is expected to follow GM's standard methodologies and processes, along with the processes specific to the Data Transformation Program. The role requires the elicitation of risks and issues with assigned projects which will enable leadership visibility to help resolve issues. The infrastructure manager will be required to prioritize and manage the tasks of systems administrators and physical database administrators.
1. Work with Application Wave Manager to understand migration approach, architecture and design, and plan
2. Track, manage and monitor infrastructure work orders associated with the assigned wave
3. Ensure all infrastructure tasks are completed on schedule while meeting cost and quality goals
4. Identify, triage and work with support providers to identify solutions to technical obstacles
5. Act as technical liaison with and between the application teams, migration technical team, infrastructure/operations teams and architecture teams to technically enable migrations.
6. Experience with infrastructure procurement and installation projects
7. Strong skills in predictive analysis, specifically on software development/deployment projects
8. Leverage business, management and technical skills to develop and drive comprehensive, multi-faceted and balanced solutions.
9. Conduct interviews with key stakeholders such as, development teams, application owners, and users
10. Leverages the expertise of a Senior Project Manager and team to ensure project scope is well documented and managed properly throughout the delivery cycle of the project.
11. Communicates project status, progress on deliverables, and risks/issues to stakeholders and leadership in a timely manner
12. Discuss and prioritize project issues with the project team, and provide help/support to the project team as required.
13. Collaborates with cross-functional teams including architects, software engineers, developers and technical leads to ensure timely delivery of project
14. Identifies and resolves issues/conflicts within the project team
15. Ensures adherence to GM's system delivery process guidelines and provides early feedback to project teams to take proactive measures to resolve the issues.
16. Adheres to change management processes during the project lifecycle.
Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
• Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others
• Proven ability in project management skills and ability to teach others
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and significantly complex projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and accountability for results
• Demonstrated ability in lead projects by coordinating the work of others
• Demonstrated ability in use of Microsoft Office software
Bachelor's degree in technical discipline preferred or equivalent experience required.
Minimum 10 years experience in the IT field
Experience managing operations-related projects is preferred
Nearest Major Market: Alpharetta
Nearest Secondary Market: Atlanta
Job Segments: Data Management, Business Manager, Manager, Change Management, Data, Management