Data Center Application Wave Manager
Date: Jul 11, 2014
Location: Atlanta, GA, US
General Purpose of Position
The position manages the application-related tasks for a deployment wave of 15-20 applications that will migrate between data centers and may undergo transformation during the migration process. The role has accountability of the wave during all phases of the migration process. The project manager is expected to follow GM's standard methodologies and processes, along with the processes specific to the Data Transformation Program. The role requires the elicitation of risks and issues with assigned projects which will enable leadership visibility to help resolve issues. The project manager may be required to provide guidance to Associate Project Managers.
1. Work with application teams to develop migration approach, architecture and design, and plan
2. Track, manage and monitor adherence to plan and ensure that migrations are completed on time
3. Conducts all project management tasks to ensure schedule, cost, and quality goals are met
4. Review application migration work product with infrastructure support teams for clarity, completeness, and accuracy and identifying potential business, technical or schedule obstacles
5. Identify, triage and work with support providers to identify solutions to technical obstacles
6. Act as technical liaison with and between the application teams, migration technical team, infrastructure/operations teams and architecture teams to technically enable migrations.
7. Leverage business, management and technical skills to develop and drive comprehensive, multi-faceted and balanced solutions.
8. Conduct interviews with key stakeholders such as, development teams, application owners, and users
9. Leverages the expertise of a Senior Project Manager and team to ensure project scope is well documented and managed properly throughout the delivery cycle of the project.
10. Communicates project status, progress on deliverables, and risks/issues to stakeholders and leadership in a timely manner
11. Discuss and prioritize project issues with the project team, and provide help/support to the project team as required.
12. Collaborates with cross-functional teams including architects, software engineers, developers and technical leads to ensure timely delivery of project
13. Identifies and resolves issues/conflicts within the project team
14. Ensures adherence to GM's system delivery process guidelines and provides early feedback to project teams to take proactive measures to resolve the issues.
15. Adheres to change management processes during the project lifecycle.
16. Ensures compliance with project deliverables, and project financial accounting.
1. Proven in-depth knowledge of project management disciplines (e.g. PMBOK, Schedule, Scope, Quality, HR, Communications, etc.)
2. Experience in managing projects leveraging different software development methodologies.
3. Strong skills in predictive analysis, specifically on software development/deployment projects.
4. Experience in measuring project success factors with respect to cost, schedule and quality, i.e. product requirements quality, test quality and code quality.
5. Practical experience with requirements and test case development
6. Strong experience interacting with business customers and managing expectations
7. Proven work experience working as a Project Manager with a successful project delivery record
8. Experience working in a multi-supplier environment.
Bachelor's degree in technical discipline preferred or equivalent experience required.
Familiarity with IT policies, standardized work and SDP is desirable.
PMP certification preferred
1. 7 – 9 years in the business environment
2. Experience managing operations-related projects is preferred
Nearest Major Market: Alpharetta
Nearest Secondary Market: Atlanta
Job Segments: Manager, Business Manager, Change Management, Data Management, Management, Data